The objectives of the Plano Youth Athletic Association are as follows:
- To teach and instruct youth the basic skills of the sports being offered.
- To inspire youth to practice the ideals of teamwork and sportsmanship.
- To develop physical fitness in a safe environment.
- To accept adversity without complaint.
- To respect authority.
- To respect teammates, opponents and umpires.
- To develop self-confidence and a feeling of accomplishment.
Participation is open to all boys and girls between the ages of 5 and 18 (pending team availability), regardless of race or religious beliefs.