July 23, 2017
Be a Voice for a Cause you Support: PYAA Open Board Positions available
Elections take place in August and the PYAA board has one member Retiring moving on to PHS and another newly created position we need to assist with the growth of the organization:
Plano Youth Athletic Association is an all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization. Our governing positions is filled by dedicated members of our community who believe youth sports provide a vital growth experience for the children who participate in our program. Below are a list of open positions on our board, along with a brief descriptions of the responsibilities entailed. Aside from the listed duties, the board holds monthly meetings and input from all members on all issues that arise is encouraged. If you, or someone you know, is interested in helping us oversee the youth Baseball, Softball & Basketball organization in Plano, please email us at email@example.com to let us know about your interest.
1) Manage PYAA websites, databases, and other systems such as google drive
2) Survey current technology and make recommendations for league and tournament scheduling, facilities management and point of sale software.
3) Take stock of all technology systems and record the product name, version, vendor name & contact details.
4) Identify problems, opportunities, glitches, bugs and maintain login credentials for all systems and detail who has clearance to access each system.
5) Scan important papers into PDF form and store in PYAA google drive online.
6) Collaborate with Public Relations Director to maintain PYAA Facebook and Twitter accounts linked to official website.
Special Events Coordinator:
Purpose The PYAA volunteer position of Special Events Coordinator is intended to be responsible for organizing all special events of the PYAA. Specific Duties and Responsibilities The Special Events Coordinator expected to:
1. Get approval of the special event by the PYAA Board
2. Recruit workers to help organize and run the event if needed
3. Schedule location and time of the event
4. Secure equipment and materials needed for the event.
Events consist of
NIU Basketball Game for Boys & Girls
Cougars Baseball Family outing for Boys
Bandits Softball outing for Girls
BTS Bash Purple/White Night at Plano High School
End of season celebration for each of the sports